Inland Power Gift 9.5.2023

Middle of Bridges Rd travelling toward Elk Post Office.


We got an Inland Power Gift today. What I thought was a bill, was actually a great blessing after the Oregon Road Wildfire disaster. This letter is NOT A BILL, or advertisement, so for goodness sake, do not throw it away!

Until our services are rebuilt or restored Inland is stopping our bills. We have some time to get our stuff together and recover from this fire with a 2-year grace period from (the date of the fire) August 18, 2023 thru to August 18, 2025. Here is their number if you’d like to call and thank them 509/789-4277.


If I choose to build back the way it was before the fire there will be no charge to restore power lines and transformers. What a wonderfully generous gift! We paid right around $5,600 to install electric to our home 9 years ago, so Pete and I know it is at least that much of a savings for us. So, very blessed!

If someone opts to make changes, then new construction charges can apply.

It is reassuring to  know exactly what to expect and having the costs involved with starting over so greatly reduced is appreciated.

Above and Beyond

The Inland Power employees got together and made a collection to give each of us the “Yokes” card at the bottom of the letter.

We are all so truly blessed.

Thank you Inland Power!!!

Restoring Electric & Water

Restoring water, and electrical are the first steps our family needs to take in recovering from the Oregon Road Wildfire disaster. Pete called the man who drilled our well first, at Pat’s Pumps 509/292-2322. He is who we have called to fix it whenever something went wrong over the past 25 years. Pat went out the next day to inspect how bad it was, then called us back telling us what we need to do.

Temporary Power Hookup – First, get temporary power to the pump is what Pat said. So, we called Inland Power 509/747-7151 to find out what we would need to do. You can download their specs on how to put a “temporary meter box” post in. Here is a copy of the drawing that outlines what is required  at | New Construction | (drop down list) New Construction | Construction Specs |Temporary Underground Service Thank goodness Pete knows electrical. If it was just me I’d have to hire an electrician to buy the right materials and put them together for the installation of the pole for the meter box.

Inland Power will handle from the pole to the transformer and transformer to meter base.

Excavation work has to be done. Take care of both the electrical line access to the pump and digging up the water lines from the well (at the same time) and save money by paying for one equipment rental or using elbow grease only once. Waterline from the well to the pressure tank (repair or replacement) at the same time. Pressure tank to house service is checked next.

Powerline needs to go in from the house to the well using a rented ditch digger (trencher) following the specs from Inland in conduit.

A New Pumphouse is Needed – Build a new pump house because the well mechanisms need protection from the elements. They can’t freeze or get wet.

Will you need to order a new pressure tank? Ask someone you can trust. Pat will order that and bill us for it, or tell Pete what we need to go get. Any reputable pump service will gladly supply you with how much their materials and labor are going to cost, up front.

When the electrical and water lines are exposed and the pumphouse is replaced then the well contactor will come back to pull the pump up, check it out, and rewire it.